Sage Nonprofit Online Deployment Options Offer Flexibility and Choice
At Sage, our nonprofit division has spent literally decades serving the nonprofit community. We recognize the wide variety represented in the nonprofit world—a wide assortment of missions, organizational sizes, a range of resources, funding types, and, of course, technology needs.
That is why Sage now offers a full range of software delivery and payment options to our nonprofit customers on our entire suite of nonprofit and government software products while maintaining the traditional option that our customers have always enjoyed.
Once an organization has found the best set of features and functionality in a software package there are two additional dynamics that a nonprofit software purchaser needs to understand to find the best “fit” for their nonprofit to their organization. The additional factors in purchasing a software application are focused on two different variables:
- Where the software and the data it manages “lives”
- How an organization pays for access to it
These two variables can be combined in a variety of to help any organization find the combination that best meets their technology needs and payment preferences.
The Traditional Route: On Premise, Perpetual Licensing
Organizations can still buy and use our nonprofit software in the same way they first did over 30 years ago: by buying the software application outright and installing it on premise --on their own in-house servers. This type of software purchase is also called perpetual licensing andrequires an additional annual support and maintenance fee. Perpetual licenses, where you essentially “own” the software are also available from Sage both as a hosted option, where the server and software reside off site in a secure hosting facility.
Sage Nonprofit Solutions available for purchase with a Perpetual License, with both delivery options include:
Benefits to On Premise, Perpetual Licensing
- Data control. When you own the application outright and it is in your server room, you maintain direct control of all your data. You manage and control all the systems, the security, and the access to it all.
- Flexibility for Integration and Customization. On premise software provides flexibility on software customization, and more flexibility on what the application integrates with in your operating environment.
- Savings for larger deployments. For larger organizations with more than 10 users, volume user price breaks can make this the more affordable licensing option.
Meeting the Changing Needs of Nonprofits: Hosted and Subscription Options
Sage additionally offers subscription based pricing on the full range of Sage nonprofit products. In a subscription model, you do not “buy” the software outright, but you pay monthly to access it continually. Much like your phone bill, you never “own” your service but can continually access it as long as you pay for it. Instead of maintenance and support fees to access new features, the software updates are immediately accessed automatically. No annual contracts are required at Sage Nonprofit, and customers can drop or add products or users with 120 days’ notice.
Benefits to Hosted, Subscription Licensing
Sage now provides all the same trusted, full-featured Nonprofit and Government accounting, fundraising and grant management products as hosted solutions with subscription payment options.
- Choose one product, or the whole bundle. Tailor your software purchases to your needs by buying just one product or choosing the entire nonprofit suite at a single price per user.
- Access anywhere, anytime. Online access means your team can use their time most efficiently via remote access.
- Reduce IT infrastructure costs and IT complexity. Technical staff – if you even have them— have less headaches with less hardware and on-site software.
- Use more and pay less. If you use more than one Sage software solution for nonprofits, the bundle pricing is a cost effective way to use more applications for less outlay.
- Minimize upgrade downtime. Always stay current on the most recent release with no additional consulting costs or technical requirements.
- Reduce upfront costs. Subscription pricing can diffuse operating expense payments rather than requiring a capital outlay with up-front costs.
- Simplify your software expenses. One monthly price includes licensing, upgrades, hosting fees and maintenance and support.
- Relax. Our trusted hosting provider is recognized as an expert in providing a secure computing environment.
Buying The Bundle, or Just What You Need
With Sage Nonprofit Online, you can get any Sage Nonprofit and Government product that you need in a hosted format. However, if you use even just one other Sage nonprofit product in the same online format, you can start to enjoy significant price savings per user by purchasing the complete nonprofit bundle.
The full Sage Nonprofit Online suite includes all the award winning software applications for the same per user price.
The full bundle includes: