Information for New Business Partners
Looking for a new business opportunity? Become a Sage nonprofit business partner and take advantage of our extensive partner sales and marketing programs designed to make new partners effective and successful, including software discounts and free technical support.
Sage's nonprofit and government division understands the importance of keeping your pipeline full of new prospects. That is why we send out hundreds of thousands of marketing pieces to our targeted market each year on behalf of our selling partners.
Extensive turnkey marketing and co-op programs
Sage Partners can leverage a variety of marketing programs and sales tools for their own internal efforts through the Sage Channel marketing program. We offer templates and sales letters, sales scripts, presentations, recommended tactics and marketplace strategies, and much, much more. Programs include extensive turnkey marketing opportunities and a generous cooperative marketing program.
Comprehensive, 24-hour Inside Access
Partners can access an extensive Nonprofit Partners Knowledgebase, a database of support articles, best practices and tips, as well as feedback from our online Nonprofit Community. Business Partners can qualify for priority access to tech support on behalf of a client.
Expert Technical Help
Experienced professional accountants and fundraisers help Authorized Business Partners and their active prospects with questions about the Sage Fund Accounting and Sage Fundraising products at no charge.
Generous referral fees
Have a prospect for a Sage product you don’t carry? Pick up extra revenue beyond lines your business offers. Register an interested client and enjoy a generous referral fee when your client purchases the new Sage offering.
Assigned Regional Sales Manager
Each Business Partner is assigned a Regional Sales Manager to assist with any issue concerning the selling of Sage Fund Accounting and Sage Fundraising software and services—from understanding the nonprofit marketplace and pre-sales through final approval and delivery.
Updates, Tips and Market News
Partners stay on top of new promotions, programs, and opportunities through targeted memos and an e-newsletter for Sage Authorized Business Partners. Partners can use valuable marketing and sales insights and information to help expand their business.
All Sage Partners are invited to an annual Partners meeting that includes a variety of topics to help partners succeed and grow. Presentations and discussions include trends in the software industry and the nonprofit and government markets, effective marketing and sales tactics, and training on the latest software releases from the Sage Fund Accounting and Sage Fundraising products lines. CPE credit is granted for all accounting technical sessions.
Authorized Sage Business Partners businesses must employ Sage Certified Consultants that trained, tested and professionally certified by Sage to ensure a superior customer experience. Authorized Business Partner firms can offer training, implementation and support for Sage Fund Accounting or Sage Fundraising products. Review the Application Requirements thoroughly.
- Review our Partner Program and Requirements Document <http://www.sageu.com/bp/SagePartnerProgramResourceGuide.pdf>
- Complete all areas of the application and marketing plan in the Sage Prospective Business Partner Assessment form
- email your completed form to the [email protected] or fax it to 949-753-0374.
- Sage will review your application, references, personal and company credit history, and set up an interview for preliminary approval within 30 days.
- Once accepted into the program, Partner submits a one-time Authorization fee of $3000 per firm. ( In subsequent years annual Partner care fees are $1000.)
- Partner registers at minimum one consultant for appropriate training.
- Sage Fund Accounting Certified Consultant Training is $4,000. Sage Fundraising 50 Certified Consultant Training is $2,000. Training fees are billed at the time of training.
- Final approval requires completion of certified consultant training for Sage Fund Accounting and/or Sage Fundraising products.
- Must maintain minimum of one fully Certified Consultant on staff.
- Once a business is authorized, it is your responsibility to register your qualified leads with a Sage representative, communicate regularly with your Regional Manager on lead status, and pay Sage invoices by the due date.
- During your first year as an Authorized Business Partner, you will be required to attend the Sage Sales/ Demo Boot Camp, Customer Boot Camp, and Marketing Boot camp or a prior-approved solutions-selling training course. There may be additional training costs for these required classes.
- Sage requires Partners provide the highest level of customer service. We may survey our mutual customers that you work with in order to confirm the quality of service.
- Sage expects Partners to commit a reasonable amount of resources to selling the Sage Fund Accounting and Sage Fundraising product lines. Less than satisfactory performance may cause termination of Business Partner status for the product line, at the discretion of the Nonprofit division representative.
- Program availability is subject to the rules and regulations established within your state. Please check with your State Board of Accountancy to determine local availability.
Ready to get started? Download the Sage Prospective Business Partner Assessment form or email [email protected] to request an application.