Login Disclosure Services
If you're unable to access administrative areas of your Sage ACT! database due to lost or inadvertently changed ACT! administrator login credentials (user name and/or password), or if password security has been unexpectedly applied to your Sage ACT! database, the Sage ACT! Database Service Team offers a special Login Disclosure Service to help reveal your login information.
If you experience login, user ID, or password issues, our Knowledgebase, Online Community, and Customer Support team have information that will help you determine whether you may require login disclosure services.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For older versions of ACT!, including ACT! 6.x and earlier, we can only offer Login Disclosure Services if you're upgrading to a currently-supported version.
How to Request Login Disclosure Services
- Visit the Sage ACT! Username or Password Recovery knowledgebase article and complete the form linked to from the bottom of the article. Once completed, sign the form and email a scanned copy to SageACT![email protected] or fax the form to 770-564-6033.
- Review the Files Needed section below to determine if you need to submit a physical copy of your database files with your request.
- If it's necessary for our analysts to have a copy of your database files, please submit your database using our Secure File Transfer link within the Login Disclosure Request Form. Please make sure to include the contact name from your form within the subject line of your transfer.
Files Needed for Login Disclosure Services
For ACT! versions 2005 and later: each database consists of three files and a folder. Only two of these files is typically needed; they are the files with standard ACT! three-letter extensions: .ADF and .ALF (i.e. MYDATABASE.ADF and MYDATABASE.ALF). Alternatively, you may submit your most current ACT! backup file.
For ACT! 6.x, or earlier: we do need physical access to your database files. Only two of these files is typically needed, they are the files with standard ACT! three-letter extensions: .DBF and .BLB (i.e. MYDATABASE.DBF and MYDATABASE.BLB). Alternatively, you may submit your most current ACT! backup file.
- If you have an older version of ACT! 6.x and below, we can only offer Login Disclosure Services if you're upgrading to a currently-supported version of ACT!.
- If we determine the database does not need Login Disclosure, or that the database is damaged, we'll call you to obtain your approval before continuing any work.
- The service fee will not be levied until Login information is obtained and/or the disclosure is completed.
Contact Database Services Team
If you have a technical question for the Data Services team, send an email to Data Services Inquiry. In most cases, we'll respond within one business day. This address should not be used for Technical Support questions or submitting data. Any data submitted through this e-mail will not be accepted.
You can also reach us at 770-492-6477.