Payroll Tax Updates & Program Updates
Product & Payroll Updates
All customers can download the program updates for free, but only Sage Business Gold or Payroll customers have access to the latest payroll tax update. Customers not current on Sage Business Care Gold or Payroll and would like to subscribe should call 1-888-261-9610 to purchase from one of our Customer Sales Representatives.
How do I Install product/payroll update?
- Using product/payroll update CD:
- Insert CD into computer. If the “autoplay” screen doesn’t come up, go to “My computer” (XP) or “Computer” (Vista/win 7), double-click on DVD or CD-drive, and then double click on the “launch.exe” file.
- Select the proper update name for Sage 50 Accounting and choose the language, proceed with the instructions on the installshield screen.
- If the message about “Simply accounting has detected that you have updates like windows automatic updates waiting to be installed” pops up, exit the current installation, complete the automatic updates waiting to be installed, then restart the product/payroll update installation. If the same message comes up again after reboot, please click on “No” and proceed with the installation.
- Having internet connection:
If your software is already set up to automatically detect new updates, you will be prompted accordingly when you launch Sage 50 Accounting. If you are not automatically prompted, follow the directions below:
- Launch your Sage 50 Accounting software
- Under the Help menu, select Check for Updates
- Click on the button Check Now
- Click on the button Download Now
- Once the update has been downloaded, a screen will appear. Follow the directions on the screen
How do I update employees’ personal tax credits?
The employee personal tax credit is the dollar amount of the net claim shown on employee’s TD-1 form. The user needs to manually update this amount for each employee. To update the tax credits, go to Employee module, open up the employee record, under “Taxes” tab, change employee personal tax credits for both Federal Claim and Provincial Claim. You can also use “Maintenance”-“Update employee claims” feature to update all employees by a factor or amount.
How the conversion process works for the claim amounts in Sage Simply Accounting 2012
There are changes to the Taxes tab on the Employee Ledger in Sage Simply Accounting 2012 version. To find out how the employee claim amounts are converted to Sage Simply Accounting 2012, please see Knowledgebase article 260-1000191 for more details.
After you convert your company database to Sage Simply Accounting 2012 version release A, if the Basic Personal Amount is 0 and the Non-Indexed Amount is the same as the previous Federal or Provincial Claim amount in your Sage 50 Accounting 2011 or earlier employee records. You can follow these steps to update the Claim Amounts.
How do I know if Sage 50 Accounting on my machine has the latest product or payroll update?
Open up any company file in Sage 50 Accounting, go to “Help”-“About Sage 50 Accounting”, you will be able to see “Version” and “Release” info on the help screen. To check the latest tax update date, continue to click “Support info” on that screen, “Payroll tax effective” date is shown up right below the “Payroll ID”.
Product update and installation Forum