Sage 50 Direct Payments – How it Works
Create a payment or receipt within Sage 50 1 - the software uploads the payment or receipt file to your Sage 50 Direct Payments Online Account2 which sends the payment/receipt data to the bank. The bank then processes the payment to the recipient's bank account or sets up acceptance of payment from a customer's account. It's really that simple and straightforward.
- Sign up for Employee Direct Deposit
- Set up your banking information and your employee information in your Sage 50 software. Launch your Sage 50 software.
- Set up Direct Deposit information for your employees. Complete the information on the Direct Deposit tab of the "Employee Records" window.
- Set up printer settings for direct deposit stubs. Use the Reports and Forms window.
- Create a paycheque in your Sage 50 Software
- If the employee is setup for Direct Deposit, the box next to "Direct deposit this paycheque" should be checked in the "Paycheques" screen. This box can be unchecked anytime to process a regular paycheque.
- Click the button "Process" on the "Paycheque" screen. Be sure to verify all information before pressing this button.
- Upload the direct deposit file to be processed by selecting "Upload Direct Deposit File" from the Home Window. Once a transaction has been sent, please insure you log-in to your account to verify your payroll.
- Sign into Account Login to confirm transaction and dollar amount totals. You will need your login information obtained during the signup process to access your account. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]
- Sign up for Customer Pre-authorized Debit and Vendor Direct Deposit.
- Set up your Sage 50 Accounting software to accept pre-authorized debits and vendor direct deposits:
Complete their bank information on the Pre-authorized Debit tab in the customers' records.
Complete their bank information on the Direct Deposit tab in the vendors' records.
Note: You need to request permission from your customers and vendors before setting them up for this service. It is also strongly recommended that you request a void cheque to determine their bank information.
- Select pre-authorized debit or direct deposit as a payment method when you enter a sale or purchase in Sage 50.
- Upload the pre-authorized debit transactions or direct deposit to your Sage 50 Direct Payments Online Account for processing.
- Sign into Account Login to verify and confirm accurate transmission, the date processing will begin, and check for errors. You will need your login information obtained during the signup process to access your account. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected].