About Sage 50 Accounting (formerly Simply Accounting)
25 Years Together—We've Come a Long Way!
A Quarter Century of Excellence—Thanks to You! For 25 years, it has been the goal of Sage 50 Accounting (formerly Simply Accounting) to provide tools and technology that support the success of Canadian Small Businesses and Accountants. Our commitment to nurturing the important partnerships and relationships that's we've formed over the past quarter century through product innovation, excellence, reliability, and support is never-ending. We would like to extend a very special thanks to you —our valued customers and partners.
Sage 50 Accounting from "Start to Never-Ending" as we continue to tweak and improve Sage 50 Accounting with new and leading-edge solutions and technology that address your changing needs, take a look back at the fascinating history of our product and some of the milestones that we've achieved together.
The evolution of Sage 50 Accounting.
- January 1985 – Sage Simply Accounting is introduced to the market as Bedford Integrated Accounting.
- September 1986 – Inventory and Payroll modules are added.
- November 1987 – First Mac® version hits the market.
- 1988 - Software name changes to Simply Accounting.
- 1989 - Computer Associates acquires Bedford Software.
- October 1991 – First Windows® version of Sage Simply Accounting is released.
- October 1994 – Sage Simply Accounting is released with budgets and customizable forms.
- October 1997 – Sage Simply Accounting 5.0 introduces Purchase Orders and automatic adjustments.
- 1998 - Computer Associates forms ACCPAC International business unit
- October 2001 – Sage Simply Accounting 8.5 introduces multi-user and multi-currency capabilities.
- 2004 - Sage Software acquires ACCPAC International.
- 2004 - Simply Accounting becomes bilingual (English/French).
- 2007 - Simply Accounting Enterprise is first released.
- 2008 - Sage Accountants Network reaches 10,000 members.
- September 2009 – Complete rebranding of Sage Simply Accounting product and website.
- June 2010 – Sage Simply Accounting introduces Sage Accounting Intelligence.
- October 2010 – Sage Simply Accounting celebrates 25 years!
- October 2012 - Sage Simply Accounting became Sage 50–Canadian Edition.