You must enable Javascipt and reload this page to download.
Step 1: Download
Download the free business accounting software Sage 50 First Step Accounting through the download button on the left.
Step 2: Install
- To start the Installation Wizard, double-click on the .exe file.
- Click Install Sage 50.
- Select your preferred language for installation and click OK.
- If you use Windows Firewall, you will be asked to have your firewall automatically configured. Click Yes (recommended) then click Next.
- You will then be asked to select the installation type. Select Typical: Install the most common components (Recommended) then click Next.
- Choose "I have a serial number", enter your serial number .
- Read the license agreement then click I Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement, and click Install.
- Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard.
If you have questions, visit the installation FAQ page.
You can use Sage 50 Accounting up to 15 days without activation. You must activate by the 15th day to continue using the software.
Step 3: Register
- Register your serial number: on Sage Customer Portal
(Note: If you have previously registered a Sage 50 Accounting trial version, please contact a Customer Service agent to register this serial number using Online Chat.)
- Following registration, you will receive a registration confirmation email containing your activation information.
Step 4: Activate
Be sure to have the registration information from the email that was sent to you before attempting to activate.
- Launch Sage 50 Accounting.
- Click on the Activate Now button from the Product Registration screen.
- Company Name: Enter your company name as it is shown in your email
- Serial Number: This field should be already populated. If not, please log on to the Sage Customer Portal to retrieve your registration information
- Account ID: This is your 10-digit Account ID. You can find this number in the registration confirmation email, or through the Sage Customer Portal. Do not include any spaces, dashes, etc.
- Key Code: The Key Code (or Activation Key) is a string of 23 alphanumeric characters and is not case sensitive.
- Automatic Activation (recommended): Choose Retrieve my Key Code from Sage 50 Accounting online. You need to be connected to the Internet to use this feature.
- Manual Activation: Choose Use this Key Code. You will find this Key Code (or Activation Key) after you have logged into the Sage Customer Portal.
- After completing the activation screen, click OK. Your software has now been successfully activated.
Available in Canada only.