Sage DacEasy Modules - Job Cost
The Sage DacEasy Job Cost module provides a full-featured job costing solution that allows you to estimate the cost of jobs, track costs as the job progresses, and compare the actual costs to your estimates. Sage DacEasy Job Cost is ideal for wholesalers, distributors, light manufacturers, the construction industry, and any situation where you need to control the costs of a job closely.
The Sage DacEasy Job Cost module interfaces and requires a Sage DacEasy Accounting module of the same version. Once you configure the interface between Sage DacEasy Accounting and Sage DacEasy Job Costing, the appropriate accounts are automatically updated in the Sage DacEasy Accounting General Ledger when you post a transaction in Sage DacEasy Job Cost. Optionally, you can also interface Sage DacEasy Job Cost to a Sage DacEasy Payroll module of the same version to track the payroll costs against specific jobs.
Sage DacEasy Job Cost allows you to easily:
- Track status of open and closed jobs.
- Generate bills using fixed cost, cost plus, cost plus maximum, hourly, and hourly with maximum billing types.
- Assign different burden rates to each cost category.
- Attach notes to jobs, customers, vendors, products, phases, subphases, and employees.
- Enter bid, contract dates, and amounts.
- Set percentage for cost plus pay for employees.
- Inventory Transfer recognition of Recall By setting for products.
- Adjust estimates using the Change Order Detail feature.
- Allow general ledger transaction entry.
- Divide and track jobs with many stages or parts using phases and subphases.
- Apply employee costs to jobs by tracking employee regular and overtime hours.
- Track various user-defined cost categories such as materials, labor, overhead, design, and others for each job.
- Track estimates and completion dates.
- Create an invoice from Job Costing for final job completion or a stage of job completion.
- Enter time sheets for all employees across all jobs.
- Update customer and vendor history tracking.
- Track inventory costs and transfer the cost to the job.
- Update Sage DacEasy Accounting automatically when Job Costing is posted.